Saturday, December 29, 2007

Scandal in Spring by Lisa Kleypas

This is the final book in the Wallflower series. The book focuses on the youngest wallflower, Daisy.

About the book:

After spending three London seasons searching for a husband, Daisy Bowman's father has told her in no uncertain terms that she must find a husband. Now. And if Daisy can't snare an appropriate suitor, she will marry the man he chooses—the ruthless and aloof Matthew Swift.

Daisy is horrified. A Bowman never admits defeat, and she decides to do whatever it takes to marry someone . . . anyone . . . other than Matthew. But she doesn't count on Matthew's unexpected charm . . . or the blazing sensuality that soon flares beyond both their control. And Daisy discovers that the man she has always hated just might turn out to be the man of her dreams.

But right at the moment of sweet surrender, a scandalous secret is uncovered . . . one that could destroy both Matthew and a love more passionate and irresistible than Daisy's wildest fantasies.

Tell me more, tell me more...

I must confess that I haven't been looking forward to Daisy's book. In my mind I pictured a very young girl..not a young lady. As I've read the series I have waited for this heroine to mature and grow up but she hasn't. So much to my surprise, she matures overnight into a young lady engaging in not so ladylike behavior. :)

Personally, this wasn't as strong or compelling a story to me as the other books in this series. It wasn't a poorly written novel but it just didn't grab me from the beginning. Once the terrible "secret" is revealed about Matthew I felt that the author just squeezed the climax into a few pages. Too much of the novel had been spent on the build up of the relationship and far too little time spent to fix this horrid secret. Granted, the secret wasn't too terrible but I was disappointed in the epilogue ending.

I think it's best to start at the beginning of this series rather than at the end...you won't see the evolution of the friends and relationships.

Grade: B

Sandie

1 comment:

~ames~ said...

Lillian really pissed me off in this book. Big time. Ugh.